- Tag: Living passionately
Attitude Adjustment, Personal Development
You cannot become rich or achieve any other kind of success in life if you don’t have passion in your life or passion about what you are doing. Be it the simplest thing or the most sophisticated thing, you need passion in order to succeed.
“When work, commitment, and pleasure all become one and you reach that deep well where passion lives, nothing is impossible.”
You have a 9 to 5 job drawing a good pay, you have a good family and all’s well with the world. But deep inside, you feel like you are going nowhere. The job isn’t moving upward either. You are actually stagnating in your career and mentally and spiritually. Something is missing.[thrive_link color=’red’ link=’https://stopdoingnothing.com/life’ target=’_blank’ size=’big’ align=’aligncenter’]Ready to take our obsession quiz? Click here[/thrive_link]
In the following days we will take a look at how important passion is and what different forms it must take in order to point our lives in the right direction, i.e. in the direction of super success.
What’s your real calling in life?
Passion. The one quality that textbooks and instruction manuals and company procedures will never talk about. Everyone is in such a hurry to make you fit perfectly into the machine like a well-oiled gear, that they forgot you are a living, feeling human being. Even you have forgotten.
Ask yourself. If I had a million bucks in the bank, what kind of work would I be doing? Would I chuck this humdrum job and move on to something really exciting? Something that I have always wanted to do? Then ask yourself – why am I not doing that right now? Is it because of peer pressure or because I don’t want to move out of my comfort zone? Don’t want to rock my boat? You are half asleep in your boat already and in a few years you could be put out to pasture! If the boat rocks now, you could be jerked awake and come to your senses. Your passionate senses.
You don’t have to wait for dire straits to rock you out of your present mediocre life. You can decide right now, that you want to live and work passionately and make your life worthwhile.
Finding Your True Passion
“Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.’
– Georg Hegel, German philosopher
So you have decided you want to live fully and passionately and reap all those rich rewards at the end of the rainbow. How do you find out what you are truly passionate about?
Here are a few steps you can take to discover the currents that move you deep inside:
1. Read your own body language. How does your body behave at your present job? Does it tense up and ache all the time? Do you get panic attacks very often? Are you so bored that you doze at your desk? Do you keep looking at the clock as break time approaches? Then you are in the wrong job. You simply don’t have the passion for it. When you work on a job that you are passionate about, all your aches and cramps will dissolve. You will find yourself working extra hours, talking to your friends about your work and simply bubbling with life.
2. What did you love doing as a child? Your childhood hobbies and obsessions can indicate a genuine passion. Education and family pressures often move us away from our true calling. Did you love bikes or gardening or trekking? Then maybe a career in the automobile or landscaping or travel industries is where you should be! So sit back and recall your childhood and write down your memories. What made you smile then may still make you grin today and in the future.
3. What do you love doing as an adult? You might very well have passionate side pursuits even today. Do you love your moonlighting job more than your regular day job? Many corporate honchos work the night shift as chefs or night school teachers. Start spending a few hours every day on your pet hobby. It may just hold the key to the real you!
[Tweet “Passion can be unleashed in various ways; one way is to change the circumstances that engulf you.”]
Passion can be unleashed in various ways; one way is to change the circumstances that engulf you.
Sometimes to unleash true passion in yourself, you may have to change your job to suit your aptitude better. But you may find that you do love your existing job, but simply don’t feel very passionate about it. You can study your situation and then try to make a few changes to rekindle the passion you felt when you first started working.
- Visualize yourself working passionately at your job. What would you be feeling? A sharp focus, clear vision of your future, total control and mastery over your work, a healthy body and an exuberant attitude! Then reverse engineer these symptoms to regain your passion.
- Check on whether you work better with a team on the field rather than those solitary hours at a desk. Are you logical minded or creative minded? Are you crunching numbers when you would rather be in the design section? Get a revised aptitude assessment done. Ask your superior for a re-designation or transfer to a more appropriate department.
- Exercise your body for at least thirty minutes every day. Let the adrenalin pump and flow in your blood. Eat healthy food and drink a lot of water. Quit smoking and using any stimulants. Restore the balance between your spirituality and physicality by meditation and prayer. Your refreshed body will invigorate your mind and passion will return.
- Increase your knowledge of your field by taking new study courses. Take time out to travel and widen your perspective. Take a half-pay sabbatical to add new qualifications to your resume. Some lateral career movement can bring an innovative twist in your way of working.
Passion does not come overnight. Taking these proactive steps will see a gradual increase in your enthusiasm. You will begin working with a newly fired zeal, which becomes contagious, motivating your teammates as well. You will have consciously taken charge of your life again and the fruits of prosperity will be in sight once again.
Live With Passion
Set up some time to talk with me about your passion: www.ConnectWithCaren.com
Was this useful? Help us write more like this by sharing it now. Thanks.
Page 1 of 8