If you have thought about starting a website or a blog then you have inevitably ran into the question that all online marketers run into: How in the world do I know the worst or best blog hosting company to host my pages? How do I know their reputation? How good is their support? Do they support WordPress? What happens if I have a problem at 3 am? The list goes on and on.
So where can you find the best blog hosting?
My brothers and sisters I am here to tell you that I went through that same journey. When I started I didn’t even know what the concept of a domain or website hosting was. Then once I started the search for the best blog hosting company out there I had a rough journey. I have probably gone through at least 20 different hosting companies looking for my utopia. There was even a time where I got really frustrated and I started my own hosting company. Trust me – unless you are a super-geek don’t ever go that route. It is not pretty.
And then I found them – Hostgator
Hostgator had the best of all worlds for me – and I am a pretty picky guy. So after much pain and suffering I present to you my top five reasons why I believe that Hostgator is the best blog hosting company on the planet.
- Speed – One of the biggest secrets of the online marketing is how much website speed affects your website ranking. Google wants anybody using their search engine to get the best results first. One of the criteria that determines “best” is the site speed. The greatest site in the world will be on page 10 of Google if it is slow. You always want to ensure that your site is hosted on the fastest possible server that you can find. All of the Hostgator servers are great when it comes to speed.
- Support – Just OMG in this area. Forget the great phone support. Forget the very busy forums they have. Completely ignore the awesome email support. Just take a look at their home page. They have 24/7/365 live chat support. I have used it several times. And they always solve my issues. You are never alone when it comes to hosting support at Hostgator.
- Ease of Use – They use the hosting industry Cpanel for their hosting/email control panel. It is the most popular control panel out there, and very easy to use. Once you have signed up with hosting you can use the control panel to install WordPress. How long will it take? If you are eating a sandwich we’ll say about five minutes. If you are not eating a sandwich then it will be closer to 60 seconds. And there will be no crumbs on the keyboard.
- Upgrade Path – Let me give you a quick hosting education. The natural path for hosting as your site gets bigger is: Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting. It is hard to find a company that does all of these well. But Hostgator nails all of them. Once you start with Hostgator you will probably never have to find another hosting company.
- Windows and Linux Hosting – You may never need it. But there are specific applications that requires a Windows hosting environment. Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to make the same hunt all over again for a Windows hosting company? Go with Hostgator and you will be comforted knowing that you are set no matter what applications or content management systems you decided to use. They have your back in all cases.
- Bonus – that place looks like a great place to work. Check out the Hostgator Blog sometime. They update it on a regular basis, and they do a lot more than the same old boring “this is why you should use us” blog posts. I see shenanigans going on there all of the time. That looks like a great work environment.
But don’t just take my word for it. Check out this recent info graphc from the smart people over at Blogging.org. Then go sign up today for the best blog hosting company out there, Hostgator. You won’t regret it.
- Check it out – the best Blog Hosting Companies all in one place.